How to Pay for Prescriptions Without Insurance
Unfortunately, if you missed the Medicare and marketplace open enrollment for 2019, you might find yourself without health insurance for the upcoming year. We understand how scary it is to face medical issues during a period of being uninsured, which is why we’re committed to helping you out during this trying time. If you’re without insurance and unable to afford your medication, here are some steps you can take for prescription help.
Ask About Generic Prescription Options
Wondering how to pay for prescriptions without insurance? One way to save money on prescription medication is by requesting generic options. Just like when you shop at the grocery store, generic prescription options are often more affordable than their name-brand counterparts. While the prices are different, they frequently have the exact same dosage, intended use, effects, side effects, route of administration, risks, safety, and strength as the original drug. If you decide to use a prescription assistance program like Simplefill, we’ll even help you do the research to find affordable generic prescription options.
Sign Up for a Prescription Assistance Program
With or without insurance, Simplefill’s Prescription Assistance Program can help you afford your medications. Because we understand how complicated it can be to navigate the healthcare system, we do everything we can to simplify your experience. Not only do we take the time to learn about your specific medical and financial situation, but we take care of all the research and paperwork in order find the best possible option for you.
What to Expect from Simplefill
- We research your situation and work with you to complete applications for any available prescription assistance programs, discount brand drug programs, discount generic drug programs, and/or available grant funding.
- We help research alternative medications that serve the same purpose but have a lower price tag.
- Depending on your specific illness, we help you research and apply for alternative funding programs, including government grants.
- If you’re eligible, we can help you enroll in the Social Security Extra Help Program.
- We assign you an advocate who monitors your medications and eligibility in the programs and continues to provide support even after the medication is received.
If you suffer from a chronic disease like cancer, HIV, diabetes, heart disease, asthma, or depression and are having trouble affording your prescriptions for any reason at all, start an application online or call us at 1.877.386.0206. A Simplefill Advocate will respond within 24 hours.