Simplefill is committed to helping Americans who are struggling to pay for the prescription medications they need to manage or prevent medical conditions like HIV-1. Continue reading to learn about our Symtuza patient assistance program, and apply today.
What Is Symtuza?
Symtuza is a medication prescribed for the treatment of adults and children weighing more than 88 pounds with Human Immunodeficiency Virus-1 (HIV-1) infection in adults and in children who weigh at least 88 pounds (40 kg). Unlike many treatments for HIV-1, Symtuza is not taken in conjunction with any other antiretroviral medicines. That’s because it combines four different medications in one pill:
- darunavir (DRV, Prezista)
- cobicistat (COBI, Tybost)
- emtricitabine (FTC, Emtriva)
- tenofovir alafenamide fumarate (tenofovir AF, TAF, Vemlidy)
Symtuza is taken by mouth once daily with food.
What Does Simplefill Provide?
With today’s drug therapies, people with HIV-1 are living with the virus rather than dying because of its devastating impact on the body’s immune system. Before Symtuza, available multi-drug regimens were much more difficult to maintain. Convenience leads to better compliance, which in turn leads to better outcomes. The problem is Symtuza’s high retail cost—nearly $5,000 per month. Fortunately, we are able to connect our members to patient assistance programs that bring the cost of Symtuza down dramatically.
How Does Symtuza Work?
The component drugs contained in Symtuza help to reduce the body’s viral load—the amount of the HIV-1 virus in the blood—and increase the number of CD4 cells that help fight off opportunistic infections. Darunavir is a protease inhibitor that blocks an enzyme (protease), preventing immature HIV from maturing and infecting other CD4 cells. Cobicistat is a pharmacokinetic enhancer that makes other drugs more effective but does not, in itself, treat HIV. Emtricitabine and tenofovir AF, are nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NRTIs) that bind to and block another HIV enzyme, thereby preventing HIV from replicating.
How to Get Symtuza Prescription Assistance
Nobody wants to wade through a bunch of paperwork to get the prescription assistance they need. At Simplefill, we’ve made our process as easy as possible for our members. It takes only two simple steps to get started:
- Apply to become a Simplefill member, either online or by calling us at 1(877)386-0206.
- Participate in a brief telephone intake interview during which one of our patient advocates will ask you a few important questions.
From that point on, there’s no need for you to lift a finger. We’ll take care of everything else. We will:
- Use your responses to the patient advocate’s questions to construct your Simplefill member profile.
- Compare your profile to available patient assistance programs to find the one best able to meet your particular needs.
- Complete applications for you and submit them on your behalf.
- Get you enrolled in the most appropriate program once your application has been approved
In no time at all, you’ll be receiving patient assistance. We’ll monitor your situation to make sure you continue to get help with the cost of your Symtuza. And if you let us know when new medications are prescribed for you, we’ll find you some patient assistance for them as well. So be sure to inform us of any changes in your medical treatment, income, or insurance coverage, so we can update your member profile accordingly and take appropriate action.
Enroll with Simplefill today, and you’ll soon be paying much less for your Symtuza prescription.