Simplefill connects Americans who are struggling to pay for the often costly prescription medications they rely on to manage chronic diseases with the programs and organizations offering such prescription assistance. To learn more about New Jersey prescription assistance and how Simplefill can help you get enrolled, read below and become a Simplefill member today.
What Prescription Assistance is Available in New Jersey?
New Jersey residents living with chronic diseases such as COPD, heart failure, diabetes, lupus, Parkinson’s disease, dementia, or AIDS require an uninterrupted supply of often costly prescription medications. Fortunately, there are both philanthropic organizations, such as the foundations sponsored by many pharmaceutical manufacturers, and government-funded insurance programs that cover most or all of the cost of these essential medications.
The New Jersey Drug Card is a free prescription discount card available to all New Jersey residents. If you don’t already have a card, you can download and print a free, pre-activated one that will give you discounts of up to 80% on your prescription drugs.
New Jersey’s Department of Human Services, Division of Medical Assistance and Health Services, offers vulnerable New Jersey residents who meet the eligibility requirements prescription coverage through Medicaid, which is jointly funded by the state of New Jersey and the federal government.
NJ FamilyCare is affordable health insurance, funded by the state and federal governments, for families and certain individuals who do not qualify for Medicaid.
The New Jersey AIDS Drug Distribution Program (ADDP) provides AIDS-related drugs free of charge to low-income New Jersey residents living with HIV/AIDS who have no way to pay for them.
What Does Simplefill Provide?
At the heart of it, Simplefill provides some peace of mind and stress relief for people struggling to maintain a steady supply of the costly medications they rely on to control the symptoms of the chronic diseases they are living with and, in many cases, to slow or halt disease progression. We accomplish this by connecting them with the programs and organizations offering prescription assistance.
How does New Jersey Prescription Assistance Work?
There are two main ways in which New Jersey residence can obtain prescription assistance:
- Through the charitable foundations established by pharmaceutical companies to provide access to the drugs they manufacture, and
- Through government-funded insurance programs that provide prescription coverage.
Pharmaceutical companies typically provide eligible patients a 12-month supply of the needed medication at no cost. Patients must reapply at the end of the 12 months. Some government-funded insurance programs may require a small co-pay, but in many cases prescriptions are filled at no cost to the patient.
How to Get Prescription Assistance
The process for obtaining prescription assistance through Simplefill is, well, simple—only two easy steps:
- Become a Simplefill member by completing an online application or by calling us at (877) 386-0206.
- Be interviewed over the phone by one of our patient advocates.
We’ll take it from there. Specifically, we will:
- Craft your Simplefill member profile using your responses to the interview questions
- Find the prescription assistance programs that best match your profile
- Complete and submit applications to those programs on your behalf
- Get you enrolled in the programs that approve your application.
- Monitor your case to ensure an uninterrupted supply of your medications
- Update your profile when needed and find prescription assistance for any new medications prescribed for you
It couldn’t be any easier!
Apply with Simplefill today, and you’ll soon be receiving the New Jersey prescription assistance you need.