Simplefill connects Americans who are having trouble paying for the often costly prescription medications they rely on to manage chronic diseases with the programs and organizations offering such patient assistance. To learn more about Missouri prescription assistance and how Simplefill can help you get enrolled, read below and become a Simplefill member today.
What Missouri Prescription Assistance Is Available?
The high U.S. cost of certain prescription drugs can be a crushing burden for people living with a chronic disease like COPD, lupus, diabetes, kidney failure, Crohn’s disease, or cancer, among others. Residents of Missouri struggling to maintain an uninterrupted supply of medications for chronic illness can gain access to prescription assistance from pharmaceutical companies and government-sponsored programs.
The Missouri Drug Card gives all Missouri residents access to substantial prescription discounts. There are no eligibility requirements, and the discounts can be up to 80% on some medications.
MO HealthNet is Missouri’s version of Medicaid, which is funded by both state and federal dollars. It provides a wide range of health services for Missouri residents who are adults or children up to age 19, that meet the eligibility criteria (age, income, lack of other health insurance options, etc.)
MO HealthNet for kids is part of the federal government’s Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP). It comprises two programs, one for low-income children, which is free, and one for somewhat higher income families, which requires a monthly premium. Both provide prescription coverage at little or no cost.
The Missouri AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP) provides prescription assistance for uninsured and underinsured Missouri residents living with HIV/AIDS. It gives eligible individuals access to AIDS-related prescription medications at a discounted price or free.
What Does Simplefill Provide?
Simplefill serves as a bridge between people who need prescription assistance and the sources that can provide it. We aim to take the financial stress out of living with chronic diseases requiring expensive medications to manage symptoms and prevent or slow disease progression. This relieves the financial burden and can improve the quality of life for the entire family.
How does Missouri Prescription Assistance Work?
Both pharmaceutical companies that offer prescription assistance, and government-sponsored prescription assistance programs, have certain eligibility criteria to qualify for help. They typically provide private prescription assistance through nonprofit foundations sponsored by drug manufacturers. Eligible patients receive their medications free for six or twelve months, after which they must reapply. Some government-funded health insurance programs require a small prescription co-pay, while others do not.
How to Get Prescription Assistance
You’ll need to do a couple of things to obtain prescription assistance, namely:
- Applying for Simplefill membership online or by calling us at (877) 386-0206, and
- Being interviewed by phone about your prescription assistance needs, income, and insurance status by one of our patient advocates.
From that point on, we’ll do all the heavy lifting by:
- Using the information you gave the patient advocate to establish your Simplefill member profile.
- Compare your profile to the prescription assistance programs that are likely to meet your needs and identify the ones you should qualify for.
- Submit applications to those programs on your behalf.
- Take care of the paperwork to get you enrolled in the programs that accept you.
Once you’re receiving prescription assistance, we’ll switch to monitoring and:
- Try to ensure you are never without the medications you need.
- Update your profile in response to changes in your circumstances or treatment plan.
- Get your prescription assistance for any new medications added by your health care providers.
It won’t be long before you are wondering how you ever got along without us!
Apply with Simplefill today, and you’ll soon get the Missouri prescription assistance you’re seeking.