Simplefill connects Americans who can’t afford the medications they depend on to manage chronic diseases with the programs that provide the assistance they need. Learn more about AstraZeneca patient assistance and enroll with Simplefill today.
What AstraZeneca Patient Assistance Is Available?
AstraZeneca offers certain medications free of charge for the eligible uninsured and Medicare patients through the AZ&Me Prescription Savings Program. Those with private insurance who meet the eligibility requirements can receive co-pay assistance for primary care products or specialty care products such as biologics, injections, or infusions. Patient assistance is provided for 12 months, after which you may re-apply if you still meet the eligibility requirements for AZ&Me.
The following is a partial list of AstraZeneca medications that can be obtained through the AZ&Me program:
- Brilinta (reduces the risk of heart attack in patients who have already had one)
- Breztri Aerosphere (prevents flareups and improves breathing in COPD patients)
- Fasenra (prescribed as an add-on maintenance treatment for people with eosinophilic asthma)
- Iressa (used in the treatment of advanced lung cancer)
- Kombiglyze XR (helps control blood sugar levels in people with type 2 diabetes)
What does Simplefill Provide?
Simplefill provides easy access to prescription assistance for people who need it but don’t know how to get it. We find it unconscionable that some people are forced to choose between paying for the medications they need to take long-term and other necessities. We’ve made it our mission to raise awareness of the existence of patient assistance programs like AZ&Me. We bridge the gap between such programs and the people in need of the help they offer.
How does AstraZeneca Patient Assistance Work?
To be eligible for help from AZ&Me, you must:
- Be a U.S. resident
- Have a prescription for an AstraZeneca medication available through AZ&Me
- Meet the total household income guidelines
- Not currently have prescription drug coverage through private insurance or a government program other than Medicare
- Not be eligible for or enrolled in Low Income Subsidy (LIS) for Medicare Part D if a Medicare patient
How to Get Prescription Assistance
To start the process of getting patient assistance from AZ&Me or any other patient assistance program, you must first become a Simplefill member. You can do so by applying online or calling (877)386-0206. Within a few hours of applying, you’ll be called by one of our patient advocates, who ask you some questions about your medications, financial circumstances, and insurance status.
The information you give our advocate will allow us to create your member profile. That profile will give us the basis for determining your eligibility for AstraZeneca’s AZ&Me program and other assistance programs.
Once you’ve completed the profiling interview, there’s not much else you need to do. We’ve made our process as easy as possible by doing all of the heavy lifting. We’ll submit applications on your behalf to the programs you’re eligible for. Upon your approval, we’ll do whatever it takes to get you enrolled.
But our help doesn’t end there. We’ll continue working on your behalf for as long as you’re a Simplefill member. We’ll make sure you continue to receive prescription assistance, and if your prescription needs change, we’ll update your profile and find you help to pay for any new medications added to your regimen.
Apply with Simplefill today, and if you’re approved by AstraZeneca’s AZ&Me program, you’ll soon be getting your medications at little or no cost.